High Potential Individual Visa
What is the High Potential Individuals Visa
The UK High Potential Individual Visa is available to recent graduates of top global universities who wish to work, or look for work, in the UK.
The High Potential Individual route will open on 30 May 2022.
The UK High Potential Individual Visa route does not lead directly to settlement in the UK. However, before your leave expires, you may be able to apply from within the UK to switch into another immigration route which does lead to settlement. Applicants may be joined or accompanied by a partner and dependent children.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
Do I need a Job offer to apply for this route?The High Potential Individual route is not a sponsored route. You will not need to have a job offer in the UK from a Home Office approved sponsor. Whether you have a valid job offer in the UK or simply wish to look for work, you may be eligible to apply.As a High Potential Individual visa holder, can my partner join me in the UK?Yes, High Potential Individuals may also be joined or accompanied by a partner and dependent children.Our Immigration Specialists can help.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- You must have in the last 5 years, been awarded an overseas degree level academic qualification from an institution which appears on the Global Universities List.
- You must be competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0).
- You must have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds.
- You must have not previously been granted permission under the Student Doctorate Extension Scheme, as a Graduate or as a High Potential Individual.
- You must have provided a valid TB certificate, if needed.